What is SHPE?
- Mission: SHPE changes lives by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support and development.
- Vision: SHPE's vision is a world where Hispanics are highly valued and influential as the leading innovators, scientists, mathematicians and engineers.
What are the benefits of joining SHPE?
- SHPE Member Benefits include some of the following:
- More than $2 million in scholarship offerings
- Internship, fellowships & co-op opportunities
- Exclusive access to the SHPE Career Center where you can share your resume with top employers and search for job openings.
- Tips on resume writing and interview skills
- Professional, career, & leadership training offered at our various events:
- SHPE Conference
- National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA)
- Graduate Leadership Institute (GLI)
- Regional Leadership Development Conferences (RLDC)
- Management Growth Training (MGT)
- Executive Leadership Institute (ELI)
- Competition opportunities to test and refine your academic and technical talent
- Access to the SHPE Foundation GRE/GRAD Lab to guide you through the graduate school application process
- Access to the SHPE Foundation Graduate Institute, an intensive program filled seminars addressing the needs of Graduate Students
- Lifelong networking opportunities with high profile professionals, fellow students, corporate representatives and SHPE leaders
- Discounted registration to SHPE National, Regional & Local events
- Complimentary subscriptions to SHPE Magazine and Hispanic Business Magazine
What region are we?
- SHPE at UI is part of Region 6
Is SHPE Free?
- Yes! SHPE at UI does not have a membership fee however to be an official registered SHPE member SHPE National has a $10 contribution.
How do I pay for membership?
- You can pay to be an official registered SHPE member on the SHPE National website: www.shpe.org.
Do I have to be Hispanic, Professional, or an Engineer to join?
- Absolutely not, SHPE at UI is all inclusive.